What is counselling?
Counselling is a relationship between two or more actively participating parties. The client is an expert on themselves, and the counsellor is an expert on helping. A counsellor will help you explore areas of your life that you feel are limiting your ability to enjoy life fully. We will work together to resolve your emotional distress and provide you with tools to better manage any challenges that come your way.
Counselling can be helpful for anyone who is:
- Feeling lost and confused about their role in the world
- Feeling increasingly sad or depressed
- Worried, anxious, or fearful
- Stress or overwhelmed
- Feeling unhappy, unfulfilled, or dissatisfied with life
- Anybody feeling as if they are not good enough or falling short in their own or others eyes
- Feeling alone
- Feeling like life is not worth living or that you have nothing to offer the world
- Feeling disrespected and frustrated
- Wishing that you could be more assertive
- Feeling disconnected from the important people in your life